The Watercare Dam Agitator controls sedimentation by keeping the solids suspended as a homogenous slurry that is consistently and safely pumped by the transfer pumps.
Approximately 90% of the solids found in a typical mine water reticulation system are removed in the clarifier and managed by the mud handling infrastructure. The remaining solids settle in the base of transfer dams and reticulation pipes, forming a highly compact layer.
The sedimentation reduces dam capacity and contributes to transfer pump failure, increasing the risk of dam failure, resulting in overflowing and flooding.
Watercare Innovations has extensive experience in dam cleaning, a manual, labour-intensive function, that is both logistically challenging and risky with regards to health and safety.
The Watercare Air Agitator controls sedimentation by keeping the solids suspended as a homogenous slurry that is consistently and safely pumped by the transfer pumps.
- Underground transfer dams
- Surface ponds
- Storage tanks
- Mechanical sumps
- Improved operation of dam level control
- Reduced risk of dam failure which could lead to flooding
- Improved housekeeping-Decreased downtime to clean the dams
- Decreased labour to manually clean the dams
- Improved working environment as the miners are not required to enter the dams to manually clean them
- Reduced transfer pump maintenance and repair
- Improved health and safety standards associated with the cleaning procedure
- Custom designed and engineered to interface with specific site requirements